Whale Watching is an activity enjoyed by many people all around the world. There are even people who follow the whales as they migrate from country to country just to watch their behavioural antics. Whale Watching tours with Whales in Paradise allow their tourists to see the whales up close, making their tours at the Gold Coast extremely popular. They began whale watching operations in 2005 with three tours a day.
As they are the original operator in this area of Queensland for taking tours to watch the Humpback Whales, they are extremely experienced and professional, ensuring that no whales or other sea life are disturbed by their presence.
- 7.00am is the time for checking in together with having a photo taken for you to have as a memento of your whale watching experience. You choose where you would like to sit and relax sipping a cup of complimentary tea or coffee and nibble biscuits. About a quarter past seven listen to a short lecture on your outing as well as meet the crew, then its time for your sea adventure to see whales leaves port.
- Glide along the water of the Nerang and listen to details of the history of the area and view the wealthy homes spread around as you pass them by.
- Arriving at the whale habitat learn how to spot whales and dolphins as well as enjoying some refreshment. For the time spent at the whale watching site, the boat’s bar is shut.
- Between ten past ten and a quarter to eleven you leave the whale watching area as the boat begins the cruise to take you back to port. Once again the bar is open as well as the little shop on board. Gifts or other little memories are available to buy of your whale watching trip for taking back home, and there are also cruise photos taken on board while cruising that you can purchase to remind you of a great whale watching experience.
- On days when the sea is calm, the passengers can have their photo taken of them steering the vessel themselves, this is not possible however when the sea is choppy.
- Your arrival back at Surfers Paradise is approximately a quarter to eleven.
Ticket Prices – Adult $99.00pp Children 0 till 14years $69.00pp
Family pass 92 adults + 2 children $267.00 Concession $89.00pp
Address and check-n terminal – Cnr. Ferny and Cavill Ave. Surfers Paradise