1638 Steve Irwin Way
Normal hours: 9 AM – 5 PM.
ANZAC Day, 25th April: 1.30 PM – 5.30 PM
Christmas Day: Closed
Child under 3yrs: free
The top 10 Australia Zoo highlights for visitors:
- Each day in the Crocoseum, learn be introduced to worldwide Conservation concerns and the need to protect the animal habitats. If you wish you can also join the army of Wildlife Warriors
- Pat A Koala where you can cuddle one of zoo’s adorable koalas
- Elephant Feed allows you to feed by hand the zoo’s beautiful Asian elephants
- Roo Heaven is a big, natural dwelling for the zoo’s kangaroos, where you are allowed to hand-feed the kangaroos as long as you want.
- Roving Wildlife gives you the opportunity to meet a number of roving animals all through the zoo, including talking cockatoos, baby alligators and wombats.
- Discover Bindi’s Bootcamp and check your aptitude on the challenges as seen on television.
- The Tiger Temple is the home of the wonderful Sumatran tigers – you can get a peep at the tigers in action.
- Visit the very busy state-of-the-art Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital. See the vets’ team save the zoo’s valuable wildlife.
- Discover the large open grassland of the African savannah and watch the zoo’s zebra, rhino and giraffe. Keep your eyes out for cheetah!
- Visit Croc School and find out everything about the crocodile research undertaken by Steve Irwin and his love for these remarkable reptiles.
Australia Zoo dining venues
The food outlets of the Australia Zoo gratify a broad diversity of tastes, and provide a large menu of cold and hot food.
Feeding Frenzy, an open-air, two-storey, 1500-seat food court offers a food and drink service that is first-rate. The food court also serves persons with special dietary requirements. They offer a vegetarian menu and a selection of dishes for customers with food intolerances and food allergies.
Dingo Diner is an eatery that seats up to 150 persons and offers hot food, cakes, sandwiches, coffees, ice creams and drinks.
The Australia Zoo also provides fresh foodstuff and beverage shops all through the zoo to keep visitors refreshed the entire day!
The zoo offers a complete day of wildlife adventure including the famous Crocoseum with daily shows to experience the excitement of seeing the crocodiles attack for their food. Zoo tickets can be purchased for 1 or 2 days. Experience tigers, feed Asian Elephants, huge tortoises and baby alligators, and also get close to sassy lemurs. Your trip to the Australia zoo will delight and surprise!
Photo by kevgibbo