A perfect place to go for a day’s family outing is paying a visit to The Macadamia Castle at Byron Bay, Queensland. This medieval styled castle offers its visitors great entertainment as well as being of educational value. For the past thirty five years The Macadamia Castle has been considered as the areas most popular activity destination and a fun place to go to.
What to see and do
- There are six acres of experiences for the whole family
- The Animal Fun Park is home to local and farmyard animals
- See a Flying Fox and visit the Adventure Tree house and other plentiful play areas
- There are more than 150 Birds, Reptiles and farmyard Animals at the castle
- An attractive 18 hole mini Golf Course
- Daily programme of talks and interactive happenings of the animals are given by the keepers
- Freshly prepared local produce served in the Café includes delicious pancakes
- Selections of more than 200 local products are on sale at the fine food section
- Learn about Macadamias
- Boutique shopping for fashionable clothing
Experience the fun of taking a ride on the “Little Train” and hug a lamb in the Animal Fun Park. Learn all about frogs at the Frog Conservation Pod and enjoy feeding the parrots.
About Macadamia Trees
The Macadamia Castle is named after the Macadamia nut tree and visitors can visit the Macadamia Orchard and learn all about how Macadamia trees are grown. Much is taken into consideration before an orchard is planted, such as the slope of the ground, the drainage, windbreaks, as well as the harvesting procedures. This area is equipped with conditions that are excellent for Macadamia trees to flourish as the soil is well drained and rich in organic matter.
When you feel that it is time for some refreshment visit the café which is off the gift shop, relax and try their scrumptious speciality pancakes and cappuccino or sample some of the other local produce on offer.
Entry price for Adults $19.50
Concession price $14.00
Children 6 – 16 years $14.00
Children 2 – 6 years $11.00
There is no charge for children under the age of 2 years.
There are 6 month or value 12 month passes available for unlimited entry to Macadamia Castle. Each of the passes includes a “Bring a Friend Free” entry that is valid for a free return visit.
6 month pass costs $37.00 for adults and $30.00 for children
A 12 month pass is $49.00 for adults and $39.00 for children
Macadamia Castle is open to the public from 8am until 5pm every day of the year with the exception of Christmas Day.
Their telephone number is 0266878432.